Welcome to the LAMP Portal!
The Lockwood Analytical Method for Prediction (LAMP) is an innovative methodological approach that assists analysts in overcoming the shortfalls of traditional quantitative methods when predicting future events.
Developed in the early 1990s by Dr. Jonathan Lockwood, LAMP utilizes a hybrid methodology of predictive analysis that borrows from other analytical and planning methodologies and combines elements of those methodologies in a unique way.
LAMP is being used in the Intelligence community and academia to analyze and utilize existing information to make realistic assessments of the possible alternate future of any given world situation.
This LAMP Portal is a starting point for students, academics, and professionals in the intelligence field to explore the Lockwood Analytical Method for Prediction and to exchange ideas with other LAMP practitioners.
We invite you to explore the LAMP Portal via the nagivation bar on top that provides access to the following sections:
- About LAMP describes LAMP and provides an example of a LAMP analysis
- LAMP e-Commons is a depository for LAMP papers and other resources on LAMP
- LAMP Forum allows LAMP users to exchange ideas and discuss LAMP-related issues
- Dr. Lockwood provides background information on the creator of LAMP, Dr. Jonathan Lockwood
- Book 1 Takes you to an Amazon.com listing of the book “Lockwood Analytical Method for Prediction (LAMP)”
- Book 2 Takes you to an Amazon.com listing of the book “The Russian View of U.S. Strategy: Its Past, Its Future.”
- Quick Demo Takes you to a Quick Demonstration of LAMP Software.